Volunteers provide the loving energy behind all Samaritan ministries and programs. Men, women and children all have roles to play as Samaritans and our goal is to help people discover their potential, purpose and destiny. Empowering people is our goal. Use the opportunity of volunteering to seek deeper activation in God’s Kingdom. Come join us and share your heart with others who so desperately need it!
We have current needs for volunteers at our Headquarters in Beaverton.
FRONT DESK VOLUNTEER
- We need volunteers to help with greeting/telephone support/reception functions.
- The goals of this type of volunteering include greeting people and helping them feel welcome, as well as handling major phone responsibilities.
- Qualifications include the desire to assist people, be warm, conscientious, and reliable.
- Basic computer skills and interest in learning our new user-friendly Appointment Plus scheduling program to schedule client appointments in person and on the phone.
- Responsibilities include handling the phone, message taking for staff and volunteers, answering questions about resources for people in all kinds of need. After greeting visitors, announcing client arrivals to counselors via intercom is an important task. Another is sharing information about upcoming classes and events.
- An in-depth orientation and training will be scheduled prior to volunteering in this position.
- The minimum time commitment is four hours per week. Mornings, afternoons and evenings are available. A minimum time commitment of six months is expected.
- We need volunteers with the very important gift of hospitality to attend to our clients and their needs.
- The goals of this type of volunteering help people feel welcomed and cared for.
- Qualifications include the desire to serve others in a hands-on task-oriented way.
- The responsibilities of the Hospitality volunteer include but are not limited to set-up, cooking, planning and a host or greeter.
- A brief orientation and training will be done sometime prior to the function that we need hospitality for.
- The time and place of the function including the hours necessary will always be relayed to the volunteer.
- We need volunteers with skills in Website Maintenance as well as IT and social media support.
- The goal of this volunteering is to maintain this important arena of our information and marketing of our organization.
- Qualifications include skills in computer usage and a desire to be curious and do research.
- The responsibilities of this volunteer will be delineated for each project that they are to work on.
- An orientation will be done prior to the task necessary.
- The time involved is variable.
- Drop in volunteer opportunities for Good Samaritan Ministries include helping with office needs like newsletter folding and/or other mailings, as well as marketing and front desk and computer support
- Objectives include helping accomplish office and clerical/administrative tasks. Examples of these opportunities could include writing and article or press release about exciting news items.
- Qualifications include mobile skills necessary to accomplish the above tasks.
- Orientation and training will be provided prior to each drop in task.
- Cleaning / Janitorial / Minor Maintenance teams are needed weekly.
There are 11 offices throughout the Northwest looking for relationships with Samaritans like you:
- Teach a class based on your story or passions
- Participate in groups and learning
- Help with office needs like mailings, marketing, front desk support, etc.
- Write an article or press releases about exciting news items
- Assist with an upcoming event or fundraiser
- Attend upcoming classes and training
- Bring a friend who is struggling or stuck with a life issue
- Share hospitality with an international visitor
- Become a trained Samaritan or Lay-Counselor
Stop by a GSM office, call or e-mail us and learn how your individual talents and potential can touch others!
503-644-2339 or email@example.com